STATEMENT OF FAITH
God: God is the one and only Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. God’s greatest attribute is love. God desires that no one perish. These three are co-equal and are one God.
- Genesis 1:1,26,27, Deuteronomy 6:4, Psalm 90:2, Ezekiel 18:30-32, Matthew 28:19, I Corinthians 8:6, II Corinthians 13:14, I Timothy 1:17; 2:5; , I Peter 1:2, I John 4:8
Father: God as Father reigns with providential care over His universe, His creatures, and the flow of human history according to the purposes of His grace. He is omnipotent (all powerful), omniscient (all knowing), and omnipresent (everywhere). God is truly a Father to those who become children of God through faith in Jesus Christ. He is fatherly in His attitude toward all humans, and personally knows each person’s every need. He lovingly set a plan of grace in place to save humanity from itself. He is absolute holiness and through grace offers His forgiveness so we may be made righteous in Him. Although He has temporarily allowed sin to rule the earth and humans to have free will, He is sovereign and has already won the final victory.
- 1 Chronicles 28:9, Psalm 47:8, 68:5-6, 139:1-6, 139:7-18, 147:5, Job 37:23, Isaiah 29:23, Isaiah 44:24, Matthew 10:29-30, John 1:12-13, 12:31, Romans 8:14-17, Galatians 4:4-5, 2 Corinthians 6:18, Hebrews 4:13, 1 Peter 1:15-16, Revelation 1:8, 4:8
Jesus Christ The Son: Jesus Christ is the incarnation of God as the Son. He is co-equal with the Father and the Holy Spirit. He was conceived miraculously by the Holy Spirit through the Virgin Mary. He is truly God and truly man yet lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all men by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He freely offers salvation to anyone that receives him as Lord. He ascended to Heaven’s glory to sit at the right hand of God the Father and intercede on our behave. One day He will return again to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
- Isaiah 9:6, Matthew 1:18-23, Luke 1:35, John 1:1-5; 14:3, 9-30; 19:1-20:30, Acts 1:9-11, Romans 1:3-4, I Corinthians 15:3-8, I Timothy 2:6; 3:16; 6:14-15, Titus 2:13, Hebrews 4:14-15; 7:25-26, I Peter 3:18, I John 2:1
The Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son as God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives inside every believer from the moment of salvation baptizing them and sealing them in Christ while regenerating them. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. The Christian seeks to live under His control daily.
- John 14:16-17; 15:26; 16:7-13; Acts 1:8, Romans 8:9, I Corinthians 2:12; 3:16; 12:13, II Corinthians 3:17, Galatians 5:16, 22-25, Ephesians 1:13-14; 4:30; 5:18
The Bible: The Bible is the one, true Word God to all men. It consists of 66 books divided up in the Old and New Testaments. It was written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is truth without any mixture of error. Nothing in contrast to the Bible may guide the Christian life.
- Psalm 12:6; 119:105,160, Proverbs 30:5, II Timothy 1:13; 3:16-17, II Peter 1:3-4; 1:20-21; 3:14-16
Human Beings: Humans are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character, and therefore their lives have value from conception, therefore we are to advocate for life until a natural death. God created humans as man and woman as defined by the XX & XY Chromosomes. God defines marriage as being between one woman and one man. Likewise, sexuality should be practiced within the sanctity of marriage according to biblical precepts. Although man has tremendous potential for good, he is marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called “sin.” This attitude separates man from God. All human beings are born with a sinful nature, and are responsible for their thoughts, words & deeds.
- Genesis 1:26-27; 9:6, Leviticus 18:22, Psalm 8:3-6; 139:13-16, Isaiah 53:6a; 59:1-2, Jeremiah 1:5, Romans 1:24-27; 3:23; 5:12, I Corinthians 6:9-10, Galatians 5:17-21, Hebrews 13:4
Eternal Security: Because God gives man eternal life through Jesus Christ, the believer is secure in that salvation for eternity. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian. It is the grace and keeping power of God that gives this security.
- John 10:29, Hebrews 7:25; 10:10-14, I Peter 1:3-5
Eternity: Man was created to exist forever. When the believer dies he will pass into the presence of God, also known as the resurrection of the dead. He will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or in union with God, through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is Hell. To be eternally in union with Him is Heaven. Heaven and Hell are places of eternal existence.
- John 3:16; 5:28-29, Romans 6:23, I Corinthians 15:51-52, Philippians 1:23, I John 2:25; 5:11-13, Revelation 20:15